GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH GAP YEAR INTERNSHIP PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The Assignment duration will be for 2-4 days per week for 6 months, with the option to extend based on resourcing needs and
performance. The intern will support the Asia Portfolio Strategy Team in Tokyo.
Responsibilities will include:
• Researching and critically analyzing information from all Asian economies/markets
• Handling requests for information from clients and other Goldman Sachs divisions
• Assisting in the preparation of publications and presentations
• Building, maintaining and updating financial and macro market models, customized indexes, etc.
• Outstanding academic achievement
• Coursework in economics/finance/math/statistics
• Strong analytical skills and numerical skills with attention to detail
• Good understanding of financial markets and Global economies
• Good corporate finance knowledge (e.g. financial modelling, valuation analysis, CAPM)
• Good statistical knowledge such as hypothesis testing, simple/multiple regression and principal component
analysis is preferable
• High degree of literacy in Excel and program writing in VBA a plus
• Knowledge of Statistical tools and Programming languages (e.g. R or Python favorable, and SAS/ S-plus/ R/
MatLab/Python/Java/C++) is a plus
• Fluency in Japanese and business level of English required
• Preferably in the penultimate or final year of study
• Must obtain university approval before accepting the role.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this GIR Gap Year Internship position, please submit an application online at Goldman Sacks's carrer Site,
• Select Students - “Apply” > Click “here” > Program - "Other Internships and Work Placements"
Location - “Tokyo” > Division - “Global Investment Research”
Application Deadline: Sunday, November 7, 2021