2021 Gap Year Internship Program – Economist in Global Investment Research Division
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH GAP YEAR INTERNSHIP PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The Assignment duration will be for 2 days per week for 6 months, with the option to extend based on resourcing needs and performance.
The intern will support the Asia Economics Team in Tokyo.
Responsibilities will include:
• Researching and critically analyzing information from Asian (mostly Japanese) economies/markets
• Work with economists to handle requests for information from clients and other Goldman Sachs divisions
• Assisting in the preparation of publications and presentations
• Maintaining and updating financial and macro market models, proprietary indexes, etc.
• Outstanding academic achievement
• Strong analytical skills with logical thinking
• Coursework in Economics, Econometrics, and Statistics required; major in Economics or closely related field desirable
• Prior research experience highly desirable
• Fluency in Japanese and English required
• Strong numeracy skills and careful attention to detail
• Good communication and interpersonal skills; team player
• Strong multi-tasking ability; entrepreneurial spirit
• High degree of literacy in Excel; knowledge in the use of external databases, e.g. Bloomberg, CEIC, Datastream, FactSet, Haver,
Reuters, and program writing in VBA a plus
• Experience using quantitative statistical packages such as EViews, SAS, MatLab, a plus
• Must be finishing penultimate year of study and going into final year / in final year of study / recently graduated.
• Must obtain university approval before accepting the role.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this GIR Gap Year Internship position, please submit an application online at Goldman Sachs's Career Page
• Select “Apply Now” > Program - “Seasonal Off- Cycle Internship” > Location - “Tokyo” > Division - “Global Investment
Research”> Select 2021 GIR Seasonal/Off-Cycle Internship
APAC Global Markets Division Off-Cycle Internship
ABOUT OFF-CYCLE INTERNSHIPS
We are looking for interns to support our sales, trading and structuring teams in Tokyo for 3-6 months. Off-Cycle Intern activities may
include support of a specific team through researching relevant market information, preparing news summaries, and optimizing internal
processes as well as project work. We hire Off-Cycle Interns in two recruiting cycles:
• 2021 H1 Cycle: This is for students to intern from January to June
• 2021 H2 Cycle: This is for students to intern from July to December
Bachelor or Master degree with an excellent academic record.
• Bachelor or Master degree with an excellent academic record.
• Students in their penultimate or final year of study. Recent graduates are also welcome.
• Able to take gap semester from school for 6 months.
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Motivated and strong desire to learn.
HOW TO APPLY
• Visit Goldman Sachs's Career Page to complete your application at least four months before the program start date. Please
indicate your availability for a H1 or H2 Cycle in your Cover Letter.
Apply' in the 'Students' section<br />
• Select program Seasonal/Off-Cycle Internship' / Select location
Tokyo' / Select division Global Markets'